Friday, 29 August 2014

Pinch River at pod!

As promised I'm back with more updates as they come to hand...

I've wanted to do a pop-up shop for the longest time and now I get to realise my dream!
Pinch River is popping-up at pod from Wednesday 24th September to Sunday 28th September. Trading hours will be Wednesday 24th, Friday 26th, Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th from 10am-4pm.

pod is an exciting initiative by Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre in cooperation with Lonsdale Street Traders, a mixed-use pop-up space housed in a former tyre shop and fitter workshop in Braddon.

Located amongst creative stores, studios, and emerging talent, pod is a versatile and unique space, aimed at supporting members, emerging makers, artists, cooperatives, curators, writers and educators. pod provides a space to showcase and promote local artists and their work.
Whether it is a one-off event, an exhibition, a retail space, a workshop or a short-term studio space, pod allows artists to present their practice to an enthusiastic public within the vibrancy of Lonsdale Street Traders.

Come experience my pop-up shop at pod at Lonsdale Street Traders - 27 Lonsdale St Braddon.  

(Apologies for the poor image, it was taken on my phone. I have better images from my camera but someone is setting up the space and I wanted to show it empty).


pod is located within Londsdale Street Traders... a converted warehouse space housing an eclectic selection of independant small businesses including fashion, homewares, art, a florist, a bakery / cafe and hairdresser. I took some photos to share with you (the lack of people is only due to me being there rather early):














Outside on Lonsdale Street you will find Lonsdale Street Roasters (seen here after the shops) and further down is the Elk & Pea and on the other side of the road from here is debacle. I've experienced both the Elk & Pea (for dinner) and debacle (for breakfast) and happy with both. So if you're in Canberra be sure to come and see my beautiful pop-up shop and then explore Lonsdale Street for yourselves...