Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Hello from the bush Capital!

So... it's been exactly two months since my last post, hmmm. Sincere apologies for my absence but I was busy moving to Canberra! I arrived at the end of May / beginning of June and hit the ground running with Arts Internship at Craft ACT. This is part of an Arts Administration course I am doing via distance learning through TAFE... and I'm loving it!

I've been settling in to my new home... a little rental property in a lovely part of Canberra. I'll be sharing images of my home as I methodically go room by room setting them up and putting my stamp on them... and will also be slowly getting in to the garden too and sharing those adventures over on my gardening blog.

For now though I really am still getting settled and setting up the studio and home office have been my priority so I can get in to the swing of things with Pinch River once again, as I don't like being away from it too long.

In mid-July I started at the Old Bus Depot Markets and will continue to be a casual stall holder there. I'll let everyone know when I'm going to be there via my Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' it so you can keep in touch with what I'm up to.




I'm also excited to announce that Pinch River has been selected to be a stall holder at this years Living Green Festival in Canberra!

'The purpose of the Living Green Festival is to bring innovative green and carbon-reducing practices to the Canberra community, with an emphasis on low carbon food and products. The Festival aims to raise awareness of the environmental consequences of human choices and to show everyone how easy and enjoyable it is to live a sustainable and compassionate lifestyle. The Festival also aims to promote respect for, and improvement of, Canberra’s natural environment and its inhabitants by providing a forum in which leading environmental, conservation, and sustainability organisations and businesses can come together and raise awareness of their aims and products amongst a diverse audience. 

The Festival also showcases ethical, fair trade, and cruelty-free products and practices – hence its motto: ‘a kinder shade of green’. This year the Festival aims to enhance Canberra’s reputation as a vibrant, culturally diverse city, and to build on the support we received in previous years from our wonderful sponsors and stall holders, by attracting even more attendees from both the ACT and interstate.'

The festival will be held on Sunday October 12 from 10am - 4pm at The Albert Hall in Canberra. It coincides with the last day of Floriade... a wonderful time to be in Canberra, to celebrate Spring and all the wonderful things going on around Canberra at any one time. I will be creating an Event on my Facebook page to remind everyone... and will be back here shortly to post more of what I am up to.