Sunday, 4 August 2013

Plans and preparations...

Acacia Podalyriifolia / Winter Wattle
So... it's been a bit quiet on the blogging front... but, just like this gorgeous winter wattle, ideas have been blooming behind the scenes.

I always miss my blog when I haven't been here for a while and I know I will never abandon it, as some have done, for other social media, like Facebook, Pinterest or others but it does get a bit hard to keep up with it all don't you think... though I like to be across the handful I choose (out of the multitude available) because I like them each for what they offer, however, it can kind of get to be social media overload... so I just seem to take these breaks from it all every now and then, from the computer in general actually... and not only that, but when I'm in the midst of projects I get totally absorbed in what I'm doing and don't want to break from that and so I disappear off the social media landscape for chunks of time at time...

Behind the scenes I'm always working on projects that are business related in one way or another, all of them will take time to evolve and each will evolve at different stages. More often than not the ideas are not new, they have been patiently waiting, sitting in the back of my mind as I gave them more thought and research and while I worked on other things.

In saying that I will be the first to admit I have been lost with it on more than one occasion... for the most part I have the answers, I have direction and although these periods of clarity are usually more prominent and prolonged than those of self doubt I do believe they flow from that place... the place of not knowing, of questioning and this might not necessarily be all about self doubt, it can also be just part of the process of starting a business from scratch and wanting it to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Finding your way, finding what you want, in terms of supplies and materials can be an arduous task but I usually find once I have found it it's in place, it's another building block of the foundation and slowly and steadily they are all being put in place.

The other day I posted a quote on my Facebook page by American poet Theodore Roethke "I am learning by going where I have to go"... it really just sums it up.

The further along the business gets the more clarity I have and though I may well suffer with occasional, random self doubt in the future I feel I'm definitely heading in the direction I want... having researched, contemplated, decided and acted on many avenues for this business to exist, operate and grow I feel I have established good foundations on which to move forward and I'm really excited about the future! I think periods of being lost are not necessarily a bad thing because from that place of quiet and questioning come the answers and direction.

How about you - are you working on exciting things too?