Tuesday, 18 June 2013

In my neighbourhood...



I go passed this property every day (shame it's a butcher shop... and a messy property at that)... I dream of having a property like this one day... but what I want doesn't really exist because I'd like to have this in the inner-city so that a shop front would thrive... and this doesn't exist in the inner-city, or if it does it would be way out of my price range.

My dream property would have:
- a home with all the space and convenience I need
- land around it for gardens
- room for a spacious studio where I can print, sew, make, create...
- with a shop out the front so I can sell my wares

So this one ticks nearly all the boxes (may have to extend the shop building to have a studio) but it's in the wrong location... a sleepy little street in a sleepy little suburb... not exactly the right location to run the sort of business I want... no foot traffic...

To show you the overall idea check out the satellite view:


The property is the one with the red arrow, in between the blocks of units, you can see it is a very deep block with the house tucked away right up the back... just so charming, I really love it... guess I'll just go on dreaming.

Passed the butcher shop, the historic Como Hotel was aglow with the first of the morning sun:


Further along and the Como Pleasure Grounds were just like a fairy land as usual...




... and the reason for taking my camera out this morning... to capture this glorious winter wattle (Acacia Podalyriifolia or the Queensland Silver Wattle)... to see more images go here... hmm, I can see this spectacular plant being developed into a textile design...


It has been such a beautiful winter day here today... and I'm so excited that Friday is the winter solstice - yay! The shortest day of the year marks our way back to longer days and warmer weather.