Thursday, 28 March 2013

Hand printed pure linen tea towels

It's finally here... the moment I start to emerge from behind-the-scenes and begin to slowly unveil all that I have been working on. The past day or so I've been busy updating my flickr photostream and just finished sharing over on my facebook page... but it will take a while for me to get through it all so stay tuned because there's lots more to come.

I'm starting today with my tea towel range:

'firewheel' design in Darah Red on White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen.
'firewheel' design in Burnt Orange on White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen.
Above: Some of you will already be familiar with this design as I debuted it in October last year. It is currently only available in the tea towels but will one day appear as a repeat pattern on fabric meterage / yardage as well as limited production off-the-shelf homewares and gift ware. This design was inspired by the stunning 'firewheel' flower I found in my mum's garden.

'flower of life' in Aqua on White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen.
Above: This design is also available as fabric meterage / yardage and limited production off-the-shelf homewares. The repeat design is printed on the beautiful 9oz hemp / organic cotton that I have used previously but this time the base cloth is Silver Ash... a lovely light silvery colour (I'll be sharing the yardage here later on). This design was inspired by ancient sun symbols... and I gave you a little insight into the design process back here.

'grevillea' in yellow on White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen
Above: This design was inspired by a beautiful Grevillea Moonlight growing in my back garden. Admittedly I already shared this design back here and spoke of the possibility of a grevillea design even further back, here and then more recently again here. It is currently only available in the tea towel design but will eventually make its way onto meterage / yardage as a repeat pattern and then onto limited production off-the-shelf homewares and gift ware.

'honeycomb' in Sumadra blue on White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen.
Above: The 'honeycomb' design was inspired by the plight of the honey bee as a result of the Varroa destructor mite that is causing bee colonies around the world to collapse. Australia was the last frontier for healthy bees but I believe it hit our shores c2009 as seen in the documentary Honey Bee Blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1E6unFLLU. This design is available in the tea towels (pictured) as well as fabric meterage / yardage and limited production off-the-shelf homewares.

'wattle' in Charcoal on White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen.
Above" The 'wattle' design was inspired by a beautiful coastal wattle growing in my front garden, in the early stages of bloom. This design is currently only available in the tea towels (pictured) and an eco-friendly greeting card but will debut one day as a repeat pattern for fabric meterage / yardage.

'wattle bird in the bottle brush' in White, Oatmeal and Natural pure linen.
Above: Last but not least in this round of tea towel posts is the 'wattle bird in the bottle brush' design. This design was inspired by one of my all time favourite birds that lived in my garden and used to play dive-bomb and chasing games with my beautiful little cat Max. This design is available in the tea towels (pictured) as well as fabric meterage / yardage and limited production off-the-shelf homewares and gift ware.

All the tea towels are now available to purchase through my Bluecaravan store and I'm working hard to get the other products listed and available so stay tuned :)