Saturday, 22 December 2012

My little ceramics collection...

As promised in my previous post I'm back to share my ceramics! Now keep in mind they are prototypes... that this is just the preliminary trialling of what it is I want to achieve as a new product range for my business - though not sure when this will eventuate... obviously I'm wanting it sooner rather than later but just have to nut out a few more things before production on that scale can commence:

ceramics by stilelemente

ceramics by stilelemente

ceramics by stilelemente

ceramics by stilelemente
For those of you who know my designs you will recognise that I'm carrying them through on the ceramics as placement prints, as I did on my tea towels, and will do on other products over time to make the range cohesive and identifiable as mine.

I need to tweak screen mesh and transfer paper as well as either making my own moulds (or having them made) for slip casting or finding somewhere to buy the forms I want as greenware... lots of things to fine tune but I'm so excited and so happy to see this little grouping because I've been able to get what was in my head out there into actual finished pieces!

The plan, for the initial products anyway, is to keep to a white clay body but to use different colour glazes for printing (not just black) and stick to clear glaze for finishing. I know, as with anything, this will morph and change over time into different approaches and finishes but I need to take this step by step... and it's not just the ceramics that I'm working on, of course there are the textiles too.