Thursday, 2 August 2012

By chance...

It's funny how things happen... usually in a Celestine Prophecy kind of way, in that often when you put something out there you can start to get the answers you are looking for... you come across them seemingly by chance...

For me, this came in the form of reading this great little article in Adore Home on Heather Moore of the successful Skinny laMinx label (starts p33).

Just recently I was talking about possible ways to market and promote your business and said that sometimes it's best to hand it over to people who are good at doing what they do so you can focus on doing what you are good at... like I have done with my bookkeeping... well Heather has said pretty much the same things I did:

"After having tried to do everything myself for too long, I realised that the key to having an enjoyable and well run business is to employ fabulous people. We all have our areas of expertise, which means I can get on and do what I do best, which is designing."

Because you so often don't get an insight into how other people run their business or market and promote them, it's nice to be able to get a glimpse every so often. Even though I haven't employed anyone to date, it certainly has crossed my mind as something that would be beneficial to the business... definitely food for thought.