Monday, 30 January 2012

Sunday outing to Catherine Hill Bay, NSW

Historic Catherine Hill Bay, NSW - image by me
A study in colour and texture - image by me
Underneath the old coal loader, Catherine Hill Bay - image by me

Old miner's cottage, Catherine Hill Bay, NSW - image by me
Just a few of the images I captured yesterday on an outing to the historic coastal township of Catherine Hill Bay, NSW. Located about 10 minutes from where I live this place is simply beautiful... a place where time stands still... but under threat from greedy developers who would ruin the very essence of this sleepy little seaside village.

Made up predominantly of old miners cottages, there is a surf club, a pub and that's pretty much it. The old coal loader on the beach is an amazing place to take photos... so much age, texture, colour and beauty. More image here.