Sunday, 4 December 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow...



I love this version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow...

It's such a beautiful song in its simplicity and message and why I have chosen to use it to tell you all that I'm off over the rainbow... with a suitcase full of dreams, albeit with one less cat :(

In the coming week I will be packing up my beautiful home and moving back to Sydney the following week, where I plan to stay with my mum for a while in the lovely southern suburb of Como... using it as a base to explore some options...

... to see if the dreams that I dare to dream really do come true.

A time of hopes and plans and dreams... that reach for the sky... on so many levels but mostly to do with the business as I really want to grow it to one that can sustain me long term and I think Sydney is a good place to do this. I have so many ideas that I would like to see become a reality.

My plan is to stay in Sydney for 12 months. Ultimately my dream is to move to the Northern Rivers area of NSW... Bangalow maybe... or somewhere around there. I think it is more my spiritual home than Sydney, even though I was born in Sydney having lived here for six years has made me appreciate the slower pace of life. I've always loved the country and the first time I ever visited Byron and surrounds, at the impressionable age of 18, I just felt at home and fell in love instantly. I love the rolling green hills, the beaches, the culture, the free-spirited and creative community and the way they care about the environment... then there's the markets, shops and eateries... it all just 'fits' with how I want to live my life.. a blend of rural and cosmopolitan living.

So I will be off the air for a couple of weeks... maybe more... depending on how long it takes me to get settled in at the other end and to then catch up with emails, blogs and the like. So until then it's hasta la vista blogland!