Thursday, 28 October 2010

Thinking ahead...

Back again! Two posts in one day. Now that I offloaded my thoughts about trees being cut down...(and sorry, I know it was a long post but I felt there were important things to say)...I turned my focus back to creative stuff as it always helps to cheer me up.

Not that I plan on printing new designs anytime soon, but it doesn't mean that I can't plan ahead - first though I do plan on having some new colour-ways done on different base-cloth of my first three designs just to throw more options and variety into the mix. Hopefully that won't be too far off.

One of the reasons that I started creating an illustration library is to be able to draw on this for various end uses...paper products, fabric designs and so on.

I can't help but think that this waratah and the lyrebird design would work really well for textile designs and when I have some spare time I think I'll start mucking around with some repeats...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uWzFE9FBY74/TKFaeLweKgI/AAAAAAAAALo/W3oydwCluIA/s1600/Waratah.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uWzFE9FBY74/TKFboRpFQEI/AAAAAAAAAMI/8I12uhde2_s/s1600/Lyrebird.jpg

What do you think? Comments and feedback are always welcome :)