Friday, 22 October 2010

Pieced-Fabric Table Runners

Just a quick update to show two of the pieced-table runners I have completed... I should have really finished all of them by now but I've had one of those set-backs we all dread when my proofs came back from the (paper) printers... so we've been trying to find a solution there but more on that later...

Made up from the 'kangaroo paw' & 'kangaroo grass' prints along with some plain base-cloth and a striped cotton fabric remnant

This shows the detail of the table runner, where I have stitched down seams so they don't misbehave when washed (as it's lined underneath) and also adding extra strength

 This is mostly just made from the 'kangaroo' design and broken up with a strip of the striped cotton remnant fabric that I thought reflected the colours of Australia nicely

 Close-up detail