Monday, 5 July 2010

Introducing my first fabrics!

I am so happy to announce that my fabrics arrived this morning - yay! What an incredibly exciting yet scary moment... i.e. the moment of truth... will they look good and so on. I'm very happy with the results and enjoyed the learning curve about the whole process of designing for hand screen printed fabric.

The first three designs are: Kangaroos; Kangaroo Grass and Kangaroo Paw. All created to celebrate the abundant natural beauty of Australia.

Above and below: kangaroos by Gabriella Tagliapietra :: (stilelemente) 2010 - Australia

Above and below: kangaroo grass by Gabriella Tagliapietra :: (stilelemente) 2010 - Australia

Above and below: kangaroo paw by Gabriella Tagliapietra :: (stilelemente) 2010 - Australia

So there you have it...the first three fabric designs which will be available for sale as yardage via my website. I'm going to upload these photo's and more to my flickr photostream if you want to check them out. I'm also planning a range of products but these will take a little while to put together... especially given I dislocated my thumb a couple of weeks ago and it's still not completely healed and makes some tasks a real challenge...