Monday, 21 June 2010

Winter Solstice

I haven't been handling winter at all well this year, don't know why but I'm feeling the cold much more unbearable than before...must be getting old! Mind you the days have been warming up to a nice temperature around the middle of the day -  and the afternoon sun drenches the back of my house which is lovely in winter...but until then I'm usually rugged up like an eskimo to keep warm.

Good news though - today is the Winter Solstice - the shortest day and longest night of the year and means that our days will now start getting longer again as we slowly make our way towards summer - yay!...but still need to get through another couple of cold months...brrrr...

On the creative front, I uploaded some more photo's onto Flickr and was astounded to see how many visits my Vanuatu shots have received...it's very exciting when you see those numbers climbing because you no longer feel invisible but instead somehow connected to other people around the world. I am also planning other projects and had a couple of good ideas last night that I'm going to start working on while I await the arrival of my printed fabric.